You could be flying in a Dubai taxi soon
It looks like the city's sky could be filled with flying taxis sooner than we thought.
Well, that's according to the latest report from the director of the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), Mattar Al Tayer, who told Gulf News that Dubai is now “ready” for the sky-high service.
If you're new to the party, here's what you need to know about the RTA's Autonomous Air Taxis (AAT)....
- They have been supplied by German specialists company, Volocopter.
- The fully autonomous, two seater vehicles will be powered by clean electricity and unlike helicopters, will have low noise levels.
- In its current prototype version, it can reach a maximum flight time of approximately 30 minutes at a cruise speed of 50kmph, and a maximum air speed of 100kmph.
- According to the RTA, the ATT service will be available to the public through a smart mobility app, which will allow customers to book flights, receive booking details and track the route of the vehicle.
- The Autonomous Air Taxi will also have a variety of unique features such as an optional emergency parachutes, nine independent battery systems, and a battery quick-charge and plug-in system.
For more info, check out the video below.