Emirates to recruit cabin crew in Dubai this month
If you fancy a career change, you'd be happy to note that Emirates is hosting a number of open days in Dubai this month.
The carrier said it is "hoping to give their careers a flying start" at two walk in events on April 13 and 28.
If you'd like to apply, here’s a bit more information about the gig...
- The total pay for cabin crew is made up of three different components. Monthly basic salary, hourly flight pay, and an overseas allowance. All entry level cabin crew (Grade II) are given a basic monthly salary of AED4,260. Flying pay is on an hourly basis, paid at a rate of AED58. While the average tax free monthly salary is AED9,500.
- Flying hours can vary but to give you a general idea, cabin crew on most airlines will fly at least 80 hours per month.
- Some of the perks include free accommodation (or a live out allowance), and meal/layover allowances. Discounted flights, hotels as well as a FACE Card with discounts all over Dubai exclusive to Emirates staff.
- After graduation members are given a roster which generally includes approximately eight days off per month.
- All new recruits go through a five-week training course at the purpose-built training centre at Emirates Aviation College. This is made up of practical and theoretical aspects of first aid, in-flight service and different aircraft.
- Sought after traits include a positive attitude, confidence, flexibility, maturity, a friendly disposition, and importantly a genuine passion to help others and to provide quality service. And, as the job can be physically demanding, they are looking for resilience and those with determination to continually perform well.
- 1 of 47