VIDEO: Progress of Dubai Creek Harbour revealed
The Dubai Media Office has released a new video of the Dubai Creek Harbour and, by the looks of things, it's coming along nicely.
The just over 30 second long video sees His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, inspect the project which once complete will house The Tower - a structure that is set to dethrone the Burj Khalifa as the tallest building in the world.
If you’re new to Dubai or unfamiliar with the project, here's what you need to know...
- Dubai Creek Harbour will be located just 15 minutes away from The Dubai Mall.
- It will feature 820,000 sqm of retail space, 7.2 million sqm of residential space and The Tower.
- The Harbour along with The Tower are said to be complete by 2020 – just in time for the Expo 2020.
- The Tower will feature a viewing deck with rotating balconies to give guests a 360-degree view of the city. It will also feature VIP viewing areas which according to Emaar attempts to recreate the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
- According to the site's developers Emaar Properties, The Tower will be "a notch taller than the Burj Khalifa". By "notch" they mean just over 100 metres.
- Santiago Calatrava Valls is the mastermind behind The Tower's design which was inspired by the UAE's rich culture and heritage.
Check out the video below to get a rough idea as to just how cool the mega-project is going to look.
- 1 of 167