Lindsay Lohan to design island in Dubai
Lindsay Lohan has been living in Dubai for quite some time now and naturally, has decided to take the next step, invest in property. Or, more specially, design an island of her own.
That’s right, during an interview on The Wendy Williams Show this past weekend, the 31-year-old Mean Girls actress has revealed her plans of creating her very own island called Lohan Island.
“When I’m finished filming Sick Note [a British TV series] I can go back to Dubai….[and] design this island, Lohan Island…I’m discussing designing my own island in Dubai at the World Islands,” she said.
While exact details of the island are yet to be announced, we can only imagine that it will be just as lavish as the mastermind behind it.
Once complete, Lohan Island will join the likes of up-and-coming project, Floating Venice.
For those unaware of the already world-renowned project, here’s what you need to know.
- Floating Venice will be located 4km off Dubai’s shore.
- It is valued at AED2.5 billion.
- The project aims to bring an authentic Venetian experience to the Middle East.
- Once complete, it will feature a number of restaurants, accommodation and the world’s first underwater spa.
- It will also feature 414 bespoke cabins, artisanal shops and 12 floating beaches. It will also feature 24 pools and 400,000 sq ft of corals that will be planted around The Floating Venice.
- The project will also be used as a cultural hub that will host traditional festivals such as Carnivale di Venezia, Binnale di Venezia and Festa del Rendentore.
- According to an official statement released by Kleindienst (the company behind the concept), guests will arrive by boat, seaplane or helicopter to the main Piazza San Marco, where they will then check-in using the underwater lobby. From there, guests will be transported around the development using one of the many gondola’s that will be imported from Venice, Italy.
- 1 of 183