VIDEO: A look inside Dubai Safari Park
The Dubai Media Office has just released a video of Dubai Safari and now we are even more excited to visit the park when it officially opens in January.
The video, that shines a light on some of the project's many features and animals, comes just one day after park officials announced that the already infamous landmark will be holding its soft opening today, December 12.
While we wait for the exact opening date to be announced, here's a bit more info on the US$40.8 million project...
- The park is located in Al Warqaa.
- It features a number of themed sections including an African, Asian and Open Safari village.
- The solar powered park has a valley that spans across roughly 7.5 hectares and features a waterfall, stream and a lake for fish.
- The project is home to over 2,000 animals which includes 350 rare species that are being cared for in temperature controlled environments.
- According to park officials, the project aims to house over 5,000 animals by 2020.
- The park also features authentic restaurants and shelters to provide the feeling of being the jungle.
- There are a number of electronic vehicles such as cars, trains and buses to help visitors navigate from one site to another.
- The entry fee for adults is priced between AED50 and AED85, while the price for kids ranges from AED20 and AED30.
- The park will be open from 9am to 5pm, daily.
- 1 of 183