Dubai Safari ticket prices announced
People of Dubai! We’ve got some good and bad news about the city’s newest wildlife destination, Dubai Safari.
We’ll start with the good. The Dubai Municipality has announced that the tickets to the already iconic wildlife destination will be less than AED100.
Speaking to Gulf News, Khaled Sultan Hilal Al Suwaidi, the director of the Leisure Facilities Department at Dubai Municipality revealed that the entry fee for adults would be between AED50 and AED85, while the price for kids will range from AED20 and AED30.
He also revealed that people of determination and those over the age of 60 will be able to enter the park for free.
Now for the bad news, the park will not be open in time for National Day as previously reported.
“Though we are ready for it, we will not be opening on the National Day. But it will definitely be in December,” Al Suwaidi explains.
While we patiently wait for the park to open in December (it better), here’s a bit more information about the US$40.8 million project…
- The park, which will span across 119 hectares of land, is located in Al Warqaa.
- Once complete, it will feature a number of themed sections including an African, Asian and Open Safari village.
- It’s said to be twice the size of the world’s smallest country, the Vatican City, and will replace the Dubai Zoo, which closed its doors late last month.
- The project will be home to 1,000 animals, including 350 rare species which will be cared for in temperature controlled environments.
- The solar powered park will also have a valley that will span across roughly 7.5 hectares and will feature a waterfall, stream and a lake for fish.
- Each section of the park is aimed at providing an ideal location for animals to live and at boosting the nation’s tourism rate.
- The park will also feature authentic restaurants and shelters to further provide the feeling of being the jungle.
- There will be electric vehicles such as cars, trains and buses to help visitors navigate from one site to another.
We. Can't. Wait.
- 1 of 174